Reunion Schedule, October 6-8, 2006
Friday Night - Flying Fish on King Street in Old Town, 8pm
Who? Everyone is invited to attend -- even alumni from other classes, whether you're registered to attend the reunion or not... We've tried to even get the word out to the Fort Hunt and Groveton classes of 1985 to see if any of them want to join us!
Where? Friday night we will be meeting up at the Flying Fish (http://www.flyingfishdc.com) on King Street in Old Town Alexandria. Their downstairs bar will provider a great initial place to round up people and see where things lead to then... The DJ will be playing 80's music so bring your song requests. The Flying Fish is on King Street a couple blocks west of South Washington Street, just 2 doors down from the old movie theater (everyone should recognize that!).
When? The Flying Fish has a Happy Hour from 5-6. After that things slow down and it starts to pick back up between 8 and 9 since the DJ comes on at 9pm. We recommend people showing up between 7-8pm so we can take over the place.
How (to find parking)? That's a good question anywhere in Old Town. There tends to be more available street parking around the Flying Fish than down by Union so it should not be too hard to find. If you use one of the 2 near by garages, just beware what time they close (one closes at 1am).
Why the change? The idea of meeting up at the WPHS varsity football game that Friday night did not seem to excite as many people as we had hoped since it was unfortunately an away game, so with the good weather (fingers crossed), we went for Old Town where folks can visit their favorite old pubs!
Saturday Night - Banquet at the Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon-City
Everything is set up for the banquet. Here are a few last minute details:
- Schedule. 6-7pm is a cocktail reception. 7pm the main ballroom opens up for dinner. Afterwards we will have some brief announcements and prizes, then dancing till midnight.
- Attire. Ladies, cocktail attire is recommended. Gentlemen, tux optional. Let's all leave the excessive hair gel and Jordache jeans at home or at least save them for the picnic...
- Parking. For those driving to the Ritz, we have negotiated $10 valet parking for the evening. Unfortunately, higher rates apply for guests staying overnight at the hotel.
- Directions. See either the hotel website (http://www.ritzcarlton.com/hotels/pentagon_city) or try Google Maps for 1250 South Hayes Street, Arlington, VA 22202.
- Dinner. We have negotiated a great meal at the Ritz! We start off with some spectacular appetizers, a classic Caesar salad, then an upgraded Surf & Turf entree (Grilled Strip Steaks with Caramelized Onions and Pan Seared Rockfish), then ending with dessert and coffee/tea. This is going to be a lot better than the typical rubber chicken or pasta at many big events! See dinner menu.
- Drinks. Attendees will get drink tickets for either 2 alcoholic or 4 non-alcoholic drinks.
- Entertainment. We have a great 80's band lined up to play late into the night!
- T-shirts. We will have a limited number of t-shirts on-site for sale, so get them soon!
Sunday afternoon - Picnic at Lake Accotink Park in Springfield, VA, noon
We have secured the Lake Front Large pavilion at Lake Accotink Park in Springfield, VA for our Sunday picnic. This has a great view and is convenient to the carousel, miniature golf, playground, boat house, etc. More information about the park can be found at http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/accotink and from there click on Facilities/Directions for a map.
This is an open event for everyone! Classmates from other years and schools are invited. We are working to especially get word out to Fort Hunt and Groveton classes of 1985! If you have any friends from there, please let them know.
Please remember that this will be a BYOE event: Bring Your Own Everything! Don't forget your running shoes so you can chase your kids down...
- Don't delay -- Payments must be received by September 30th!
- Before July 31st, $120.00 per person
- After July 31st, $140.00 per person
- Please register early, space is limited.
- No refunds. No registrations will be accepted after September 30th!
- Note that the per person cost is for adults for the banquet on Saturday plus admittance to the Sunday picnic. Your children get in free for the Sunday potluck picnic! Surplus funds (after paying for our banquet and other fixed expenses) will be applied towards additional food, drinks and entertainment at the banquet and picnic.
- Click here to Register for the weekend!
- We have one final batch of t-shirts remaining.
- Available: L and XL, $16. XXL for $18 each
- Reunion shirts are a distressed blue with the West Potomac logo and "The Tradition Continues The Class of 86" around it on the front.
- See larger image
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to order one.
- Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City
- 1250 South Hayes Street
- Arlington, VA 22202
- Check in: 3:00pm
- Check out: 12:00 pm noon
- Sept update: Our room block and the hotel are sold out, but there are still plenty of other great hotels very near by.
- Room Rate: $199.00. Book by Sept 7, 2006.
- Reservations: (703) 415-5000 or 1-800-241-3333, Ask for "West Potomac High School Reunion" rate.
- Website: http://www.RitzCarlton.com/hotels/pentagon_city/